Friday, April 15, 2016

Refurbishing a Speedometer Part Two



Been a while  since I last posted, here's the finished speedometer face.



The decal printing shop was good quality and cheap too!  Now which of the 4 designs should I go with..


Wasted no time in cutting the one I liked the best, I chose the white as it would be more visible at night given the fact that the stock speedo lamp is dim.




Applying the decal to the metal face plate was easy enough thanks to my spot on measurements doing the vector design (ahem).  Sticking the neutral and signal indicator lens using instant glue was easy too.


have some left over gold paint and decided to paint the needle.
I also reset the odometer.


Cleaned the glass and painted the inner rim spacer black and 
created a home made gasket around the speedometer assembly using leftover black foam I got from the office.


Not bad right? Oh and for comparison here's a photo of the the speedometer before.  It also shows how dim the 6 volt bulbs are.



0 comments:

Retromech Copyright 2008. Powered by Blogger.